Gamers eagerly awaiting the release of the incorrectly-named Halo 4 can now look forward to buying the Limited Edition version of the game for $100. What does your extra $40 get you? A lot, actually. Here’s a list of things included with the Limited Edition:
- “War Games” map pack: nine new maps doled out across three add-ons; no dates have been announced for the new maps, so don’t expect them at launch on November 6
- early access to six specializations: think perks from Call of Duty
- “UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet:” armor customization diagram, blueprint of the UNSC Infinity ship, and “additional insight” into what it means to be a Spartan
- “various digital content offerings delivered through Xbox Live”
- “special edition” of the live-action film Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
-Nick’s take: I’ll buy Halo 4, despite my misgivings about the multiplayer. The Limited Edition sounds like a great package, too. If you’re a big Halo fan, I’d definitely recommend picking it up, even if I don’t exactly know what some of the included stuff is.